Monday, March 29, 2010

Dinner for March 28

Our plans for dinner flew out the window when one of the kids flew the coop and went to stay overnight at a friend's house. Why make a nice big dinner when not all of us would be present to enjoy it?

Off we went to Applebee's! While we were waiting for our food to arrive, my husband and I took turns playing Tic-Tac-Toe with our youngest. He is only seven and usually orders off the kids' menu. The kids' menu has games on it that require the use of a writing utensil, and it does come with three crayons. So Tic-Tac-Toe was the topic of conversation. Usually, when the family goes out to eat, we play a word game or other type of game to make it more fun, especially while waiting for the food to arrive.

While we were eating there really was no major discussion topic, so I can't really tell you what we talked about. The bad service did come up, however, as we waited forever for silverware. You can't exactly eat coleslaw with your fingers!

Oh, I do recall one thing that we talked about - finger exercises. My husband plays guitar and is going to teach our youngest how to play as well. The finger exercises were basically for the left hand and to train the brain to tell certain fingers to bend while others stayed straight. I tried the exercises as well, and got quite frustrated along with my son. Kinda made me glad I stuck with piano!

Tonight, if the power does not go out (we are in for a storm throughout the day), the steak that has been marinating will be cooked and eaten. Even if the power goes out, we have a barbecue out on the deck and it can be used tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment