Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dinner for April 14

Last night we did have barbecued chicken again, but it wasn't the same rub. It was a Mesquite-flavored marinade. I totally didn't like the smell of it when husband was preparing it, but after it was barbecued it tasted better...for a while. He made them in the form of shishkebabs like the night before. We also had a nice green salad with other veggies thrown in. You should have seen the mound of croutons my youngest son put on his salad. I told him, "Have a little salad with your croutons!"

My 13-year-old son brought up the Spanish Inquisition and how the king and queen killed everyone who they thought were Catholics so they could take over their businesses. Husband asked him why he would bring up something so miserable at the dinner table. Son said, "It's something I learned in school." My youngest son then went on to contemplate the story of the Catholics being killed and that erupted into a huge discussion about religion that I will not go into right now. I ended up putting a stop to it because my youngest child is 7 and was overwhelmed and confused and was arguing with his brother. Enough already!

Anyway, we did not have banana splits for dessert because dinner was late enough as it was (I looked at my watch halfway through the meal and it said 7:15). Later in the evening I asked husband when he planned on having those and he said, "Maybe never." I asked why he went out to buy bananas earlier in the day and he said, "To eat." Ugh!

Tonight's din-din is steak on the grill. We have leftover salad and also the roasted vegetables from the other day, so one of those will be our side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment